AND THE WINNERS ARE...
On the 22nd October 2013, the winners of the Grandma's Design Competition have been announced in the museum The House of Alijn in Ghent, Belgium.
And the winners are...
- Design For Food: The concept ‘Homemade/Handmade’ by Amélia Desnoyers (France), inspired by grandma Rosa’s apple pie with apricots (Belgium)
- Design About Food: The concept ‘The recipe of using an iPad’ by Sofia Badoui, Anne-Axelle Bouilly and Marie Visonneau (France), inspired by grandma Adriana’s Cinderella Cake (Italy)
- Design With Food: The concept ‘Serving Sweet Magic’ by Ana Jimenez and Ivan Merino (Spain), inspired by grandma Annie’s Snow Star (The Netherlands)
- Interior Design For Food: The concept ‘Community Bakery’ by Eva Závodná (Slowakia), inspired by grandma Mahmure’s Raisin bread (Turkey)
- Food Product Design: The concept ‘Jan in a Bag’ by Léa Bougeault (France), inspired by grandma Gaby’s ‘Jan in a bag’ (Belgium).
Together with the winners and honourable mentions, the book about the project was presented. ‘Food Inspires Design' compiles the most original collaborations between grandmothers and designers.
Take a look at the pictures of the Award Ceremony here
Download the press release here:
news archive >>